Kalbarri Comedy Crew

GC + BM ZestFest Facebook release 1

Well, after a quick break that felt way shorter than it actually was, school is back, and a whole lot more is just starting up.

Everyone knows that the Zest Fest is quickly approaching, and preparation and rehearsals are already underway for some things!

Remember in my blog posts Zest Fest – Past and Present – Part 1 and Part 2 (mostly part 2) how I talked about applying for a grant to fund a new project? Well, I did, and the application was approved!!

So, now I am helping coordinate a project called the Kalbarri Comedy Crew. It involves bringing up stand-up comedy performers from The Comedy Emporium (TCE) to work with the youth participants throughout a series of workshop in order to develop and prepare a spectacular comedy skit.  The production will hopefully be performed in a ‘horrible histories’ style (a popular ABC program) and based around the Dutch East Indian (VOC) company and their voyages, as well as their exciting history.

The comedy production will be performed twice: First, a small taster on the morning on the 17th of September down at the foreshore, before the actual performance that afternoon. Attached are links to the official Zest Fest website, and the media release that briefly outlines the Kalbarri Comedy Crew and what we are doing, as well as the Zest Fest’s Facebook page:

ZestFest.com

Facebook.com/KalbarriZestFestival

The best news yet, however, is that as this is a youth performance, almost anyone between the age of 12 and 26 years old has the opportunity to come along and join in. Whoever is interested can come and see me at school or contact me through the blog and I can send you a quick email and give you all the details about the project as well as a participant consent form. Workshops are every Sunday leading up to the Zest Fest. Anyone who wants to be part of the project will need to show up to all workshops and be part of the performance as we only have limited time to develop the full production. If you want to be a part of it and choose to come along, I promise that the whole experience will be lots of fun, and absolutely hilarious! (trust me, I know!)

That’s all from me for now, more updates will come soon!

Yours faithfully,

Grace

GC + BM ZestFest Media release 1

Aboove: At a photoshoot for the media release for the Midwest Times, celebrating the news of the successful grant. Below: The article from the Midwest Times.

imageThe Kalbarri Comedy Crew, workshops and the performance is sponsored by Country Arts WA and Healthway to promote the Drug Aware message.