Travel?

When my family and I travelled around Australia, I collected postcards. I have some really great ones: one of Lake Eyre; quite a few from Tasmania; and lots of other gorgeous ones.

Anyway, I keep all of my postcards in a photo album. On the front it has a little quote:

“Now boarding Melbourne, Los Angeles to New York City, San Francisco, London via Paris & Barcelona, Rome via Cairo, up to Moscow & across to Brussels, Amsterdam, last stop Tokyo.”

And that, to me, sounds like and amazing journey!

I don’t really know what I want to do when I finish school. However, I do know that one day I’d like to go travelling.

Where? That I am not sure of, but I think it will start with somewhere that takes my fancy at the time, and then I’ll go on a journey from there! Maybe I’ll only get as far as to see that country, perhaps I will end up travelling the whole world. It really depends on where my heart, and my pocket, can take me.

Really, I’d love to have a job that I can hold on the road, as well as a small something that I can make a profit off of whenever I decide to stop for a while. I’d also like to go with a friend, someone special! That way, not only will we be able to help each other out, but you would always have awesome company. You would also be able to take each other on amazing adventures!

By what means I am going to travel, that is another question: A plane, car, boat or by foot; that is yet to be decided. I think, though, that when I do travel, I won’t be staying in hotels. If I do that, how am I supposed to explore the world’s natural beauty? Instead, I’ll have a tent, or a camper trailer if I get lucky, and I’ll go off track. I’ll go to beaches and to forests, as well as deserts and mountains!! Yet, I’ll find time to visit the bustling cities, with their beautiful colours and raging festivals.

It’ll be great. The more I think about it the more excited I become! I’ve already started saving, and planning! I really cannot wait to see the world.

Yours faithfully,

Grace

5 thoughts on “Travel?

1. lynnie57

I’m excited for you, I also love to travel. Perhaps you can be a travel writer or sell your photographs to National Geographic (I knew someone who did that).
    You might be interested in the book called (I think) ‘Gap Year’ which has lots of information about jobs, particularly voluntary work, abroad you can do in your gap year.
    Keep saving!

2. Parker

Hi, my name is Parker I live in the USA, and I get to go to New York a lot. New York in the winter is the prettiest thing I’ve ever seen. my family is planning on visiting Australia this summer and I was wonder if you knew any amazing places to visit. I hope you find time to visit my blog. It’s http://edublogs.eanesisd.net/parker8462022/

1. 9grace

Hey Parker,

There are so many places to visit in Australia, though being such a large country, it really depends on where you are visiting… So, I have listed a few of my favourite places from each state.

Western Australia: you should definitely visit at least Shark Bay or Exmouth/Coral Bay, both places are really beautiful and have a lot of fun things to do, especially snorkelling and diving. The only problem is, our winter is your summer, so it depends on when you come and visit. You should also spend some time down south around Margaret River and Bunbury, perhaps Esperance? Otherwise, check out Broome, Karijini National Park and Kalbarri up north 🙂

Nothern Territory: Definitely visit Darwin, and check out some of the hot springs around Katherine. If you and your family are feeling game, visit Cahill’s Crossing in Kakadu National Park and check out the Crocodiles!

Queensland: One of the major tourist attractions is the Goldcoast in Queensland. Though I would also recommend perhaps looking at the Great Barrier Reef!

New South Whales: Visit Byron Bay, also have a look at Wollomombi Falls if you get time. Definitely, spend some time in Sydney, you’ll see heaps there!

Wow, sorry this is so long. I hope it helps!
      Yours faithfully,
      Grace

Victoria: Ooh, there are lots of things to do in Victoria and New South Whales, you are probably best of planning a course and just seeing where it takes you! You won’t be disappointed, anywhere along the coast is gorgeous.

South Australia: Definitely spend some time around the Adelaide hills, and travel along the Great Australian Bite as well. If you have some time, go inland and check out Flinders Ranges!