Zest Fest Finale

So, the Zest Festival is officially  over. It’s been such a beautiful festival and has brought so much joy to so many people over that past five years, I can’t believe this year was the last. I’ve honestly loved being part of the Zest Fest so much that, if it was continuing, it would have been one of the reasons as to why I might have stayed here rather than going to board in Perth next year.

Anyway, this year’s final Zest Fest really was amazing. I loved every second of it; watching the performances, revisiting memories, and performing myself! As well as the weeks leading up to it.

The Kalbarri Comedy Crews sketch went great! It was a bit cheesy, and we forgot some bits, but that is honestly the beauty of improve; it doesn’t matter too much, because you’re making most of it up! Not to mention, we got nearly, I don’t know, perhaps 15 new props that morning that we had never practiced with before, and had to incorporate into the performance. We got lots of laughs from the audience, and we got lots of great comments afterwards. We were all really excited as well! It felt great, everyone loved it, and we had a ball rehearsing and performing! I have to say, the whole crew put in their best efforts in the weeks leading up to the performance, and on that day especially.  Everything went without a hitch!

With that, I’d like to give a massive ‘thank you’ to Bec, you helped me out so much! Thanks for getting me into this! Also to Julian and Jody from The Comedy Emporium. This wouldn’t have been possible without your time and devotion. We all loved working with you so, so much!

Also thanks a bunch to Meg, Kayden, Samantha, Jordyn, Brearly, and Anzel for being part of the Kalbarri Comedy Crew. I really hope you all had as much fun as I did!

Working with all of you was a real privilege. Being project coordinator for the Kalbarri Comedy Crew as well as being able to be part of such a fun project has been so great, and I had an awesome bunch of people to work with. I’ve made so many great memories!

14295473_983237918451766_7458248_n1

All of us dressed up after the performance. Good times 🙂                                     Me on the far right

Here is a short video that was (quickly) filmed by Julian during one of our rehearsal breaks (hence why we are all a bit awkward). Still, I think it give a good insight into what went into creating the skits that went into our performance.

After the performance, most of the crew went home to rest for an hour or so before heading to Red Bluff for the main performance of the weekend: The Chamber of Rhetoric.

That night was spectacular! Everyone came rugged up to sit on the rocks and watch the event. The night opened to a few spectacular pieces by the Perth Symphony Orchestra String Quartet , before we were serenaded by the Giovanni Consort choir/A-Capella group. Next, Red bluff itself was lit up by a projection of familiar, historical, and influential faces. Everyone was then in awe at performing artist Theaker Von Ziarno’s daring aerial performance. The dramatic piece was full of heart stopping stunts and beautiful choreography! Finally, I closed the event by reading my poem The Zuytdorp (I will post this soon) as the signal pyre was being lit in the background. The whole night was fascinating!

Unfortunately I didn’t get to stay for the next day of the Zest Fest as I had to leave for Country Week. Still, I am absolutely baffled at how spectacular the whole weekend was, and how Bec managed to pull it off in a few weeks! I would truly love to be able to create such a gorgeous festival as this when I am older, and I am so utterly grateful to have been part of it. I hope those who were here to experience such a day were able to enjoy it as much as I did. And to those who haven’t been able to experience the Zest Festival, I hope I have described it well!

If anyone wants to find out more about the Zest Festival, check out some of my other blog posts! (tagged art or zest fest) Some have links to other websites also.

Thank you again to all the talented people involved in making the final Zest Festival so memorable!

Yours faithfully,

Grace

One thought on “Zest Fest Finale